TMD/Neuromuscular Dentistry in Cary and Raleigh, NC
If you suffer from constant headaches and haven’t been able to find other causes, your headaches may be related to TMD. Typically a tension type of headache is associated with temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD). When the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is not functioning properly, it can lead to terrible tension headaches that a neuromuscular dentist, not a doctor, can diagnose and treat.
TMD, or temporomandibular joint disorder, can cause a wide variety of symptoms.
- Headaches or migraines
- Unexplained loose teeth
- Worn, chipped or cracked teeth
- Pain or soreness around the jaw joints
- Pain in teeth that seems to move around Neck, shoulder or back pain
- Facial pain
- Clicking sounds in the jaw joints
- Limited movement or locking jaw
- Numbness in your fingers and arms