What You Need to Do When Moving to Raleigh, NC
Raleigh was recently named the fastest growing city in the U.S. by Forbes which means that families and individuals are continually re-locating to the area! If you are moving to the Raleigh area, below are five things that will help ease your transition. We are proud to call Raleigh home, but know that moving to a new city can be stressful.
1. Turn in your Change of Address Form: Even if you announce your move and update your addresses on important accounts, there will still be some mail that doesn’t make it to your new address. Remember to turn in your change of address form to the post office and your mail will be automatically forwarded so you don’t miss any important messages.
2. Transfer your utilities: Before you make your move, you will need to cancel or transfer your utilities to your new address. Calling the utility companies a few weeks before your move will ensure the lights and A/C are on in your new home before you start unpacking.
3. Update important contact information: Memorizing a new address can be hard for younger children. Work with them to help them memorize your new address in Raleigh so they can tell an adult in case they get lost. If any other important numbers have changed like landlines or work numbers, make sure your children update their phones so they can reach you in case of an emergency.
4. Find new doctors and a dentist: When you make the move to Raleigh, NC you will need to find a new dentist as well as new doctors. You will want to research doctors in your area, ask for recommendations and contact the office before scheduling your visit to be sure they accept your insurance. Review their specialties and make sure they match up with your needs. If you have a child in need of braces, you may want to choose a family dentist, like Stanley Dentistry, that offers orthodontic services. Once you choose new doctor/dentist you will want to call your former office and ask them to forward your medical records to ease the transition.
5. Explore your new city!: Sign up for Groupon and LivingSocial deals to get ideas on how to get out and enjoy your new city! Google and Yelp can help you find restaurants, coffee shops or hair salons with the best ratings, helping experience the best of what Raleigh has to offer.
Raleigh is a great city with lots to offer and we are excited to welcome you to the area! These are just a few of our tips on moving to the Raleigh area. You can learn more by reading the Raleigh Chamber of Commerce relocation guide or by contacting us!View All News